Student Transfer Window for Elementary, TK-8, and Middle Schools to Open January 4, 2024

The student transfer window to transfer a child from one school to another school in the Monterey Peninsula Unified School District will open on January 4, 2024, and run through February 2, 2024. This applies for students in elementary, transitional kindergarten - 8th, and middle schools only. The student transfer window for high school students is now closed (the period for high school occurred in November and December 2023).
Parents/Guardians interested in requesting a transfer must complete a transfer request online (form will be available beginning January 4, 2024) for elementary, TK-8, and middle schools. If families need help, school site offices can assist and have technology available for to complete the form.

These periods are the only time to request a transfer from one school to another school within the district for the upcoming 2024-2025 school year. If you wish to request a transfer you must complete a request form no later than Friday, December 8, 2023 at 3:30 p.m. for high school and Friday, February 2, 2024 for elementary schools, TK-8 and middle schools. 

Students currently on a transfer are automatically renewed and parents/guardians do not have to do anything to keep their student at the school they are currently attending. Students entering 6th or 9th grade (unless at the Dual Language Academy of the Monterey Peninsula) will automatically roll over to the middle or high school in the learning community in which the student is currently attending. For example, if a child attends Los Arboles Middle School, the student will be rolled over to Marina High School, even if a family does not reside in Marina.

If families wish their student to return to the school nearest their residency, the must immediately notify the school of residence so the district may plan accordingly. For example, if a student attends Los Arboles Middle School and lives in Monterey and wants to attend Monterey High School, they must go to Monterey High and enroll the student with a proof of residency showing they reside in Monterey.

All transfer request must be made during the student transfer (open enrollment) period for the upcoming school year and are contingent upon space available.

Learn more HERE.


English Student Transfer Flyer Spanish Open Enrollment Flyer